One of the most vital components of our body is our teeth. They are essential to our overall well-being and aid in chewing our food. The presence of healthy teeth is an indicator of overall well-being. Unfortunately, life can sometimes hit you hard. And, I mean, quite quickly. Due to an incident, an illness, or poor oral care, you can have several dental issues. This might undermine our confidence and cause us to become self-conscious about how we look. Thankfully, a dental repair can help you restore your healthy smile.
All of your natural teeth can be extracted and replaced with artificial ones with the help of a full dental restoration. When an individual loses all their teeth due to an accident, disease, or decay, they will need this repair.
Dental crowns and bridges can be fabricated from metal, porcelain, or plastic. They are created to order and secured to the gums or teeth with glue or clasps.
Assuming your dental restoration is complete, you should be able to eat and speak normally again. A natural-looking and -feeling smile is something else you can look forward to.
Keep your natural teeth healthy.
Maintaining good dental hygiene is the first essential step to having a bright smile. This means brushing your teeth at least twice a day with the right toothpaste and toothbrush. Also, floss or use interdental brushes to remove debris between teeth.
It is also important to visit the dentist regularly to have your teeth scaled and to check the vitality of your teeth and gums. If you have periodontal diseases, such as bleeding or inflammation, it is important to treat them quickly to prevent future complications.
Dentist tips to have a nice smile
Here are 10 tips for having a nice smile:
- Brush your teeth at least twice daily with a soft-bristled toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste.
- Floss or use interdental brushes to clean the spaces between teeth.
- Apply lip balm to moisturize your lips and protect them from the environment.
- Avoid foods and beverages that stain teeth, such as tea, coffee, red wine, and carbonated drinks.
- Use whitening toothpaste to maintain the natural color of your teeth.
- Avoid tobacco which stains your teeth and deteriorates your oral health.
- Get ceramic veneers to cover stained or damaged teeth.
- Regular visits to the dentist for professional scaling and checking of the condition of your teeth and gums.
- Use fluoride toothpaste to strengthen your teeth’ enamel and protect them from cavities.
- Get ceramic dental veneers to cover stained or damaged teeth.
Improve your smile with white teeth: dental whitening.
One of the easiest ways to improve your smile is to whiten your teeth. For effective teeth whitening, going to your dentist for professional whitening will give you the fastest and longest-lasting results.
It is important to note that whitening is unsuitable for all patients and may cause sensitive gums in some.
Esthetic composite dental restoration
Esthetic composite dental restorations are an option to replace silver fillings that have been used for dental care for many years. Silver fillings are inexpensive and last a long time, but they are visible and can make teeth look less attractive.
Composite dental restorations are made from a resin mixture colored to match the color of your teeth. They are bonded to the tooth’s surface and harden with UV light. Composite restorations look better than silver fillings, but they may only last for a short time and need to be fixed more often.
Improve your smile with beautiful teeth: dental veneers.
Ceramic dental veneers are an option to improve the appearance of your teeth. They are bonded to the surface of your teeth and can cover stained, damaged, or unsightly-shaped teeth. Lumineers veneers are custom-made to fit your mouth and give a natural result.
As with any dental treatment, discussing the benefits and risks of dental veneers with your dentist before making a decision is important.
WHAT IS COMPLETE MOUTH RESTORATION?
In a smile makeover, only cosmetic dental procedures are done. A full-mouth restoration, on the other hand, saves your smile by doing both cosmetic and restorative procedures. During the first visit, the dentist will look at your medical history, examine your mouth, and take x-rays to figure out what treatments will work best.
Then, the dentist will make a personalized treatment plan, putting the most important treatments first. For instance, if you have gum disease, we will treat this first to ensure your teeth have a solid foundation to support other dental treatments.
WHAT DOES A FULL DENTAL RESTORATION INVOLVE?
A full mouth restoration isn’t a one-visit treatment. It involves a series of appointments for the absolute best outcome. Again, it may involve multiple treatments, depending on your dental health. Here are some treatments we can incorporate into your complete mouth restoration plan:
- Periodontal care: We offer non-invasive gum disease treatments like root planning and scaling to keep your gum infection in check.
- Tooth replacement options: Missing teeth? No problem. We offer implant-based restorations and dental bridges to replace what you have lost.
- Cosmetic treatments: Not happy with your smile? You can go for dental veneers, cosmetic bonding, and teeth whitening services to transform your flawed smile into a flawless one.
- Orthodontic treatments: Are your teeth out of alignment? Or perhaps you have crowded teeth or bite alignment issues? You can straighten your teeth with minimally invisible clear braces.
- Extractions: You love your tooth so much, but sometimes removing it is best for oral health.
- Root canal therapy: If your tooth is infected, we can salvage it with root canal therapy.
After a full dental rehabilitation, we don’t leave it at that. Instead, we offer continued care to ensure that you maintain your new smile for life. We also offer hygiene services that will help you keep your restored smile for a long time.
BENEFITS OF A RESTORED SMILE
A dental restoration allows you to reclaim your life. Here are the benefits of a restored smile:
- Improves your oral health
- Boosts your confidence
- Improves your overall beauty
- Boosts your happiness
- Benefits your overall body health
Getting a dental restoration from a general dentist is a great way to boost your self-confidence. Make an appointment right now if you want to learn more about Restorative Dental Care.
Thankfully, our dentist at Virginia Dental Care can make your teeth look as good as new. In addition, you may get your teeth back in top shape with the help of our dental restoration procedures.